All psychotherapists will be credentialed to provide psychotherapy according to Living Hope Eating Disorder Treatment Center policies.
- All practicing psychotherapists at Living Hope EDTC shall meet at least one of the following credentialing criteria with licensure defined as possessing a valid and current license issued by the state of Oklahoma:
- Licensed clinical psychologist;
- Licensed clinical social worker;
- Licensed professional counselor;
- Licensed marital and family therapist;
- Licensed behavioral practitioner;
- All psychotherapists shall, at a minimum:
- Possess a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work, counseling or any other related field; and
- Be license-eligible according to state law and working toward licensure; and
- If not yet licensed, practice under the supervision of a licensed psychotherapist.
- At a minimum psychotherapy services shall be provided as follows:
- Individual psychotherapy – 2 hours per week
- Process group psychotherapy – 5 hours per week
- Other psychotherapy groups – 12 hours per week
- Family contact/therapy – depending on the resident’s clinical needs and family availability, at least two hours of therapy should be provided monthly, either face-to-face or by phone. Patients do have the right to refuse family therapy as they will be over the age of 18 years old, but will be highly encouraged to participate. If a patient refuses family therapy, they will sign a form stating they do not wish to be included, which will be documented in their file. It is the intention of Living Hope EDTC to provide family contact/therapy to all patients.
- Therapeutic meals, eating with the consumers and processing issues as they arise, will be provided during five meals per week.